Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organisations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organisations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
At Zendesk, the design culture starts with our three Danish co-founders and flows outward into every aspect of the organisation. From the Scandinavian aesthetic of our workspace to the way we gather, work and create - design is an integral part of our everyday life. As a Product Design team, we believe in a collaborative working style with a bias towards rapid prototyping and experimentation with a strong curiosity for our customers and their needs.
What we’re seeking:
As Product Designer, based in Melbourne, you'll be focussed on defining a long-term vision as well as near-term tactical work for the UX of our Machine Learning driven features.
You'll be an important part of our global Creative team, which spans product design, user research, brand and storytelling. A Designer whose portfolio demonstrates excellence in design and a capacity to solve user experience challenges with simple, empathetic solutions. Day to day you’ll get to do meaningful and rewarding work at a truly global scale. Specifically, you’ll collaborate with our Machine Learning teams on evolving products that are relatively new to market.
What you will do every day:
- Act as a key conduit between the Product and Creative teams in Melbourne to solve complex interaction problems: humanise product ideas and develop them into elegant application design.
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to grow concepts through design exploration, ideation and user validation.
- Design interaction models, wireframes and mid-fidelity mockups that promote ease of use and optimise how customers interact with our products.
- Analyse tasks, model information, navigation and flows using UX best practices for web and mobile.
- Present design solutions to stakeholders and company executives, defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle.
What you bring to the role:
- Degree/diploma in Design or a similar field
- At least 5 years of professional experience designing consumer or SaaS applications
- Previous experience as a Product Designer, UI/UX Designer etc...
- Proven expertise turning complex business problems into simple and engaging products for the web.
- Strong command of interaction design, visual design and information architecture with a mind for simplicity of design.
- Capable of communicating and prototyping interactions rapidly at all levels of resolution
- Deep knowledge of modern web UI patterns.
- A strong portfolio that showcases your work, provides detail of your role on projects and shows examples of functional designs that you have developed from requirements through to design to delivery.
- A collaborative and customer-first approach to your work.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll receive a competitive salary package and stock, plus perks like flexible working hours, a fully stocked kitchen and bright, modern offices on Collins Street! You'll be part of a talented team who are actively involved in the tech community - we’re a hub for a host of tech meetups. There are travel opportunities too, including our headquarters in San Francisco.
We’re focussed on growth and support this with time that’s allocated to experimentation and discovery work, global offsites for skill-sharing as well as regular lunch and learns. You’ll receive an annual training allowance and be invited to take part in company-sponsored volunteer initiatives too.
*** Please submit a link to your portfolio with your application ***
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.