ABOUT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
The Sydney Opera House is an iconic Australian institution that embodies beauty, inspiration and the liberating power of art and ideas.
Our vision is to be as bold and inspiring as the Opera House itself.
Our mission is twofold:
• To treasure and renew the Opera House for future generations of artists, audiences and visitors; and
• To inspire, and strengthen the community, through everything we do.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
SOH Creative is the in-house creative studio of the Sydney Opera House. We’re a small but ambitious team who take great pride in delivering innovative work for one of the most iconic cultural venues in the world.
We’re on the hunt for a Motion Designer/Editor to help drive our goal of producing more engaging video content. You’ll be a passionate, proactive self-starter ready to take ownership of our motion identity. Building on the award-winning work by Collider, we want to streamline our process, developing templates and making it quicker and easier to get great content online. In addition to this you’ll be a key part of the creative process, collaborating with the wider team to bring ideas to life through motion for major campaigns, festivals and self-initiated projects.
Further more detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Passionate, proactive, self-starter
• Expert motion software skills (Adobe Premiere & After Effects)
• Highly experienced with video editing
• Great understanding of how to craft narrative through editing
• Ability to collaborate with designers and bring their ideas to life through motion
• Understanding of sound design and script to really elevate content
• Experience working within brand guidelines
• 3D software skills desirable
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to include an up to date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience and how they relate to the requirements and capabilities for the role. Applicants are also asked to address their suitability in a covering letter of no more than two pages addressing the following two targeted questions:
1. One of the key projects for the Motion Creative/Editor will be to develop our motion identity through guidelines, templates and self initiated projects. Please give examples of similar experience and responsibilities for other large brands or organisations.
2. Alongside developing and safeguarding our motion identity, there is opportunity to create self initiated projects that respond to the wider organisation goals. Please give examples of how you have taken initiative or lead in previous roles or projects.
Applicants MUST create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at http://jobs.nsw.gov.au. Only applicants who apply online will be considered for this position. Please contact the Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679 should you have any technical enquiries. A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing or temporary roles of the same standard that may become available over the next twelve months.
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment .
Job Status: Full-time, Temporary (12 months)
Position No: SOH1098
Salary: Base salary of $77,596 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation contribution
Applications Close: 29th August 2017
Enquiries: Kirsty Garlick