The role is a four-month contract, extending to a permanent position. Commencing at four days per week, with potential to extend to full-time.
Cosmos is quarterly science magazine which has been publishing award-winning content for over 10 years. High quality writing across all science topics and compelling design drive us to inspire curiosity in our readers.
We are looking for a talented mid-weight graphic designer, with a strong background in publication design and layout. Working in our office, located in Melbourne’s inner east, you will be an integral part of our collaborative production team.
Skills and requirements:
• Graphic design degree or advanced diploma
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a graphic design role
• Advanced Adobe Creative Cloud skills, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat on Mac platform
• Strong experience with print layout and publication design
• Excellent typography skills
• Strong knowledge of print and electronic production processes, pre-press and file formats
• Experience commissioning external artists and other collaborators
• Commitment to team collaboration
• Excellent time-management skills and strong attention to detail
• Strong communication skills in team environment and with external contractors
• Highly organised, multitasker who can deliver to deadlines
• Reliability and flexibility
• Ability to adhere to design guidelines and meet project briefs
Highly regarded skills:
• Illustration and/or infographic design
• Digital and/or web design
• Marketing and/or social media management
If you would like to bring your innovative ideas to science communication, please submit a copy of your resume and a folio containing 5-10 examples of you work.
Annual salary commensurate with experience, pro-rata calculation for four days per week.