Malt, a Melbourne based boutique design studio is looking for a creative, enthusiastic and ambitious mid-weight developer to join our team in historical Collingwood, a stones throw away from great cafes and public transport in a full-time position.
Malt’s boutique studio specialises in brand, print and digital projects, implemented across multiple media with a high focus on web and digital mediums. Malt has undertaken creative work for various clients including medium to large organisations to smaller start up businesses. Our philosophy is simple, provide exceptional creative design whilst having a strong understanding of client needs and target audiences.
Overview of the position
We are looking for a person with energy and a true passion for creating valid, accessible, cross-platform, mobile friendly websites and applications. The position will be full time, starting late in September.
This position would suit an established developer who is demanding to have more development direction in their projects to an individual who is driven to progress their career.
A responsible, pro-active person with good time management skills will be well suited to the position. You’ll need to be able to work independently to consistently meet deadlines and juggle between various active projects in any given week, while good communication skills are also required as there will be team collaboration and direct client contact involved in this exciting role.
Highlights of the position
- Be part of a great creative team in a mid-sized, pet friendly studio; and
- Enjoy the benefits of working in Collingwood in the inner city of Melbourne.
- Implementing designs using a mobile-first approach to create pleasant experiences on smartphones, tablets, and desktops;
- Using front-end style guides and pattern libraries;
- Ensuring good user experience design in all work you produce;
- Writing W3C accessible code;
- Improving UX experience through the use of HTML5/CSS3 and JS based solutions; and
- Dealing with clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Writing Semantic & accessible HTML5 markup;
- Expert CSS3 skills;
- Experience designing, marking up, and styling page templates in a CMS (such as WordPress);
- Experience with the “mobile-first” approach to front-end development;
- Experience with preprocessors such as Less Sass, Stylus, Jade;
- Working with Git version control;
- Curiosity and passion about producing cool web experiences for the user;
- Experience working with build tools such as Gulp, Grunt, Bower, WebPack; and Mac environment.
The Extras we are looking for:
- Knowledge of best practices to optimise front-end performance;
- Experience creating custom visual design assets (comps, style tiles, style guides, pattern libraries) for client projects;
- Familiar with MySQL and MongoDB;
- Familiar with a range of server technologies; and
- Experience working with large website projects.
To apply, please visit https://maltcreative.com.au/careers. This position is open to Australian residents only. Recruiters need not apply. Salary will be based upon applicant’s experience.