Are you fresh out of university or college where you’ve studied and obtained a qualification in design? Are you excited to start your career and have a passion and eye for design? We’d love to help you kick-start your career as a full-time Junior Web Developer!
We’re MyWork, a digital agency specialising in branding, graphic and web design, digital marketing, e-commerce, content writing, and more. We’ve been around since 2009 and have helped over 5,000 businesses succeed online. We’re looking to expand our team, and we want fresh new talent to come along for the ride as we continue to grow as a business.
For this role, we’re looking for someone who has:
Required Technical Skills
• Experience with HTML and CSS
• Some experience with Wordpress and theme customisation
• Know your way around Photoshop and Illustrator
• Know about mobile responsiveness in website design and how to code for different screen resolutions (breakpoints using CSS)
Bonus Technical Skills (Not Required but Highly Regarded)
• You can design a website in Photoshop and create a Wordpress theme out of it
• You can design logos, business cards, flyers, etc.
• You’ve designed/coded mobile responsive elements before (using CSS)
Required Personal Skills
• You can work as part of a team
• You’ll be open to learning on the job and expanding on your experience
• You’ll have the right attitude and be able to follow direction (client briefs, direction from your manager, etc.)
• You like the idea of offering creative input and being part of the design process
• You can work autonomously when required but will be happy to ask for guidance when needed
• You have excellent attention to detail and will want your designs to look good
• You are excited about web design and know what looks good and what doesn’t
• You’ll put the client first and be happy to make any changes they request
What You’ll Need
• A portfolio of work – something to show us that will let us see what you can do. Even samples of your work from wherever you’ve studied. This is a must!
• A resume in PDF form that shows off your design chops and not just a standard Word document. Capture our attention and stand out from the crowd!
• At least ONE website that you’ve designed/developed that you can show us
• Willingness to complete a design test to validate your skills
• Transport to get to the office Monday - Friday
What You’ll Get
• Hands-on training and leadership from our Senior Digital Designer
• Career progression and opportunities for growth
• A fun place to work with like-minded people
• Subsidised gym membership (there’s an awesome gym next door)
• Plenty of on-site parking and places to have lunch
• Free drinks on Friday afternoons
• Free lunch on the last Friday of every month
• Your own desk in an open-plan office (check out our Facebook page for photos – it’s pretty cool!)
• Social activities outside of work
If you think you have what it takes to be a part of the MyWork team, then we’d love to hear from you! If you have any questions about this position, please contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you soon if you think you meet the requirements listed above.