Designfront is a Brisbane-based visual communication consultancy with a strong reputation as specialists in branding, literature, and design for the web. Established in 2000, located 2 min from the CBD, we work across the scale and spectrum of corporate, public and cultural organisations, with a range of clients from the arts sector, education, finance, hospitality, and with individuals branding their small businesses. We work with engaging clients, who value the creative process of building and communicating strategic brand identity that drives growth for their business.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are hiring a passionate graphic designer/digital designer in Brisbane, Australia. This role reports to Leesa Hickey, the company Director. The primary responsibility is to deliver exceptional, progressive, creative solutions under the direction of Creative Director Leesa Hickey.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet with clients to discuss their business and project objectives and project requirements.
- Estimate time required to complete work and at times create proposals for clients.
- Develop design briefs that respond to project requirements.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts to a high standard.
- Developing brand guidelines, templates and style guides.
- Maintain client corporate branding across all mediums.
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas to the Director and other team members.
- Demonstrate concept approaches with rough sketches and layouts.
- Help redefine design briefs within the constraints of cost and time.
- Proofread to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Perform photo editing and retouching.
- Execute superior quality print and digital design work in alignment with a client’s brand.
- Present ideas and concepts to clients.
- Amend final designs as per client comments and to client’s satisfaction.
- Work as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, web developers and marketing specialists.
- Work with a range of media and keep up-to-date with emerging technologies.
- Contribute to the everyday running of the studio.
- Be committed to developing your design capabilities.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced skills in industry-leading software and technologies, such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word etc.
- Able to work and problem solve independently as well as part of a team.
- Proven expertise in brand identity and print.
- A creative, original and thoughtful designer and passionate about your craft.
- Able to think strategically and create innovative visual communication pieces.
- Experience in digital design including website design, development, and maintenance/user interfaces; email newsletters; digital advertisements; etc.
- A solid working knowledge in front-end web development.
- Experience in delivering small to large websites.
- It is critical that you have a commitment to meet deadlines, and be punctual.
- A fast learner with a willingness to continually improve skills and processes.
- Able to creatively communicate complex information, data, and messages using a visual medium.
- An ability to produce quality print and digital design.
- Strong at cultivating effective working relationships.
- Remains ethical in all client and internal dealings.
- Excellent communication skills in order to interpret and negotiate briefs with clients.
- Good presentation skills and the confidence to explain and communicate ideas to clients and team members.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time.
- Methodical with document creation and maintenance of digital files.
- Accuracy and expert attention to detail with design work.
- Respectful and considerate to clients, suppliers, and colleagues.
- Open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs.
- Professional with every task undertaken.
Experience with or an understanding of the following is desirable.
- Advanced photo retouching techniques.
- 2+ years experience in web/interface design.
- A solid working knowledge in front-end web development and wireframing.
- Content management systems — we work predominantly with Craft CMS. You should be willing to adapt to and learn new content management systems. Any experience with other systems such as WordPress is desirable.
- Email marketing software such as Campaign Monitor, MailChimp and Mad Mimi.
- Online advertising platforms.
- Google Analytics.
- Version control, i.e. Github or similar.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant education, training, and experience.
- An exceptional case studies online portfolio.
- Referees from previous or current work.
This is a full-time position with salary negotiable dependant on expertise and experience. Applicants with relevant project experience will only be considered. Only candidates who are successful in progressing to the interview stage will be contacted.
If you think this role sounds like a perfect fit for you, then please send a cover letter confirming your qualifications in relation to the above-listed requirements, along with your CV and a digital portfolio or website link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send files larger than 4MB via Wetransfer, Hightail or Dropbox.
You must have the right to work in Australia.
No recruitment agencies, please.