The Australian Workers’ Union – Australia’s largest blue-collar union – needs a National Digital Campaigner.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who:
- Has a creative flair, an eye for design and a way with words.
- Is driven to succeed and make things happen.
- Wants to put the issues facing working Australians on the national agenda.
What do you get in return?
- It's a fun job for an enthusiastic marketing/design person
- Beats traditional creative jobs with a wide range of tasks and freedom to try things.
Who you are
- You are passionate about social justice and have been involved in activism and campaigns.
- You have 1+ years experience running digital campaigns, and have experience moving people from being online activists to on-the-ground campaigners.
- You’re ‘newsy’– you understand and follow the daily news cycle and regularly engage with it online.
- You have a thirst for knowledge – you regularly read and share important and interesting things you read.
- You have a strong level of digital literacy with an eye for engaging content – and most importantly you have the technical skills to bring your ideas to life.
- You understand the way different social media channels work and how best to engage with them.
- You know how to take an issue from mainstream media sources and amplify it across social media.
- You have a way with words and can translate complex workplace and union announcements into engaging communications.
- You’re driven to succeed – you get an adrenaline rush from moving quickly, getting things done and seeing results come to life.
- You know how to work with and collaborate with others either face-to-face or online.
As the the online voice of the AWU we need you to:
- Produce high quality, engaging content for social media, email and website campaigns. -
- Demonstrated video production skills are preferable.
- Manage our social media platforms to build audience engagement, promote campaigns and magnify the voice of the Union.
- Source and produce internal content about successful AWU campaigns and issues for promotion on social media.
- Work under pressure and respond quickly to external events and timelines that may be driven by the news-cycle.
- Coordinate AWU efforts across the entire AWU, union movement and political spectrum.
About us and the role:
The Australian Workers’ Union has a proud of history of fighting for workers’ rights for over 131 years. As the name suggests, we cover workers from all over Australia, across a range of industries.
Based in Sydney
Salary: $80,000 plus, dependent on experience + super and accessories.
How to apply for this job
Applications are due Monday 2 April 2018.
To apply for this position please send your CV with a covering letter and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Digital Campaigner application via Aus Infront or call 02 8005 3324.