As a media and design student, I was wondering what are the difficulties a junior designer face when getting the first job? And how to stay updated on the current industry trends?
I'd be glad to hear from professionals on the area.
• stay active, meet designers, go to events
• make sure there's no weak projects in your folio
• design your resume/cv (please don't do it in word and none of those infographics with your skill level on the programs – how do you know your 80% proficient in any program with out knowing everything?)
• make yourself stand out from others
• be proactive
• be a good person
• do self-initiated work and share it
• have fun
• stay positive