Posted 30.04.2018 @ 1.27PM
Important things for a junior looking for a job:
• stay active, meet designers, go to events
• make sure there's no weak projects in your folio
• design your resume/cv (please don't do it in word and none of those infographics with your skill level on the programs – how do you know your 80% proficient in any program with out knowing everything?)
• make yourself stand out from others
• be proactive
• be a good person
• do self-initiated work and share it
• have fun
• stay positive
Posted 13.04.2018 @ 2.12PM
@scotty – Yep, it was Mike Meyer! Yeah he's a boss. I love sign painting, I wish it was something I could really spend more time on but on top of design, making art paintings, running my own clothing brand, shooting photography, making video art, I just have no time :'( – If I could get an apprenticeship doing it, I'd be totally up for it though haha.
Hope it goes well man, it's an awesome trade :)
Posted 26.03.2018 @ 3.46PM
There's a facebook group with a lot of traditional sign painters, that might be a good starting point to ask people who would probably have more experience in this – https://www.facebook.com/groups/previnylitesociety/
Posted 06.05.2018 @ 4.36PM
@JAMESB yeah boiee. Great medium for sure.
Here are some recent images. Mixed mediums.
Posted 14.03.2018 @ 2.34PM
@jamesb nice one! what are you using to make the font?
I would stretch out the COGQS characters a little bit more. They don't feel as extended as the others. They could be made a little fatter too. Optically they're just a little bit light compare to the rest of the font.